Tuesday, March 18

Crafts/DIY: Scrapbooking at Gourdo's with Ime Oranga

First things first. I love everything paper. So when an invitation to a scrapbooking event came up, I just couldn't not go. It was hosted by Gourdo's, a store that I absolutely love. It reminds me of World Market, focusing mainly on kitchen wares with a great selection of arts and crafts supplies.

The event was held at Bonifacio Global City, and it was a pretty intimate craft workshop with scrapbook guru Ime Oranga. Ime's a mom who started scrapbooking almost a decade ago. Her style is very shabby chic, and having no experience in scrapbooking ever, I was very excited to get my hands dirty and learn from one of the best.

Ime introduced us to mixed media scrapbooking, her favorite materials and supplies.


The event was about "after-the-holidays", and that morning, we went ahead to do some Halloween pages. Here is the inspiration.


Ime taught us the step-by-step on how to make it. Here we are, busy at ripping sheets of paper.

 

Here's Ime demonstrating how to create that distress background effect using stamps and an inkpad. This is a clear kind of stamp that you can position on an acetate block.


She also showed us on how to use stencils and some textured media. Oh, and I got to use a heat gun too!



The effect of the texture medium is three-dimensional. Oh, and do you see those multi-colored thingamajig at the bottom? That's called flocking powder. It's like felt dust with glitter. Yup, you can get it at Gourdo's.


Scrapbooking won't be complete without die-cuts. Check out this table full of Halloween-themed die-cut treasures.


I think I did an okay job.


The scrapbooking newbies with Ime.


Watch out for Gourdo's upcoming craft sessions. I just know they are going to be so much fun.


Gourdo's 
Unit G Bonifacio Entertainment Center,
Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City, MM

Like Gourdo's on Facebook
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I don't do scrapbooking but I did sort of, on my 2nd son's baby book! Glad you learned from an expert and enjoyed the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:33 AM

    How pretty! I was never good at scrap booking though. Oh but I love the stencil used!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...