Saturday, October 13

Food: A Very Happy Hour at P.F. Chang's


My first P.F. Chang's dining experience was when we were still living in the US. When my family and I moved back to Manila mid last year, P.F. Chang's was one of the things that I had mentally put down on my "Places I Will Surely Miss" list.

Well, not for long. Earlier in 2012, P.F. Chang's came to Manila, and I was so psyched.



I finally visited last Thursday. I was invited to try out happy hour at P.F. Chang's. It was a preview of their top-selling cocktail drinks, which were very reasonably priced at P150 and P200.

The first thing I noticed about this P.F. Chang's location was its lighting. It was brighter. I loved it. I was so used to P.F. Chang's being dark inside, so I was surprised. Surprised good.

Anyway, I was driving that day, so I only ordered one cocktail, and I just had water and tea the rest of my P.F. Chang's stay. I got the Asian Pear Mojito, which I hear is their best-seller. It was pretty mild and less sweet compared to other mojitos I've tasted, but good nonetheless.



Asian Pear Mojito | Light and refreshing with a hint of mint and a taste of Asian pear

There were other cocktails to try that sounded and looked very good like P.F. Chang's Green Tea and Forbidden City.

P.F. Chang's Green Tea | A refreshing twist on a Long Island Iced Tea, 
our specialty cocktail is sure to zen-out your taste buds

Forbidden City | Smirnoff Vodka, Bacardi Light, Beefeater Gin shaken
with sweet and sour and a hint of chai-Chai tea with a kick
While waiting for the rest of the party to arrive, we went inside the kitchen to know what goes on behind the scenes of P.F. Chang's. Every single thing is at par with the standards of P.F. Chang's in the US -- the meat, the sauces, the vegetable cuts, the process. If they can't source ingredients locally, they import.

(Clockwise L-R) Vegetable dhrama, the wonderful kitchen chefs and crew, the hot station

We were then ushered to the function room, where we were met by the management / marketing / hospitality group of P.F. Chang's to have a quick, intimate sampler of their cocktails, appetizers and Flavors of Asia.

Herbie introduced us to the special sauces of P.F. Chang's. He's funny and friendly. One thing I love about P.F. Chang's here is their outstanding service. According to Ms. Angela, who is part of the hospitality group, they always strive for the guests' optimal dining experience. They want each guest to leave happy and satisfied.

P.F. Chang's Special Sauces: rice vinegar, soy sauce, chili oil, spicy mustard.

We got to try some of the appetizers and new dishes they have. I still can't believe how affordable they are.

You can get these Crispy Green Beans during happy hour (weekdays starting at 4pm) for only P100. I suggest you eat this one immediately.


Here is P.F. Chang's take on quesadillas -- Sichuan Chicken Flatbread. I loved that there is a tiny bit of spiciness to it and that it's cheesy too. Only P175.



This Japanese-inspired dish includes sushi-grade Ahi tuna (P385), served chilled with spicy mustard vinaigrette and fresh mixed greens.



Another yummy dish is their Orange Peel Beef (P695). This one is Sichuan-style US angus beef tossed with a mild chili sauce and yes, it has fresh orange peel. It's very tasty.



But among the dishes that they had us tasted, my favorites were the Northern Style Spare Ribs (P750) and Mango Cream Cheese Wontons (P185).

Northern Style Spare Ribs | Tender wok-braised ribs infused with
sweet, salty and savory flavors. Served with a five-spice salt rub.

Mango Cream Cheese Wontons | Mango and Philadelphia cream cheese in a wonton wrapper.
Fried to a golden brown and served with chocolate sauce.

I swear, if I can eat the ribs and the mango cream cheese wontons every day, I will. They are amazing. Now, I have another reason to go to P.F. Chang's besides their signature Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps.

We topped the meal off with a couple of their teas -- Gen Mai Cha (a roasted rice tea blend) and Singapore Sling (a blend of berries and hibiscus). We also wanted to try their Morrocan Mint but it wasn't available.

They served tea using this cast iron teapot. I love the Singapore Sling.



Thank you to the people of P.F. Chang's for introducing us to Cheers and Flavors of Asia. See you again real soon. :)

(From L-R) Clint, Jam, Angela, and Chef. 

P.F. Chang's Cheers and Flavors of Asia will be available beginning this Monday, October 15th.

P.F. Chang's China Bistro
The Street, Alabang Town Center,
Alabang, Muntinlupa
869-7837



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to try PF Chang's. I hope they would open another one somewhere in the North!

    ReplyDelete
  2. didn't know there's PF CHang's there na? Glad there is one, I bet the food tastes better than here because of the authentic asian flavor! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, the food and service here are really better. :) I think the management here did an awesome job.

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...