Tuesday, June 26

Travel: The Alaskan Cruise


Yes, we did... with a toddler at that.

Okay, with most of my in-laws as well. So, there was a bunch of us on a cruise ship going to Alaska. It cannot get more fun than that.

Our port was in Seattle, which one of my favorite cities. I can stay in Seattle for a long, long time. But that's another story.

Daddy and Allie about to board the cruise ship

I had motion sickness during the first night on the ship. I blame it on my OC-ness to immediately take out our luggages' contents. It was terrible. So, to those going on a cruise, bring lots of motion sickness meds, or the patch (but I hear the patch has some vision-related side effect, so be wary).

Allie playing near the ship's glass wall

The views were breathtaking.

I took this panoramic picture (as with the other photos here in this post), and I swear, Mendelhall Glacier is more magnificent in person.

Mendelhall Glacier (on the right)
Mendelhall Glacier -- a closer view
An old train at the White Pass Scenic Railway

Another glacier, this time at Tracy Arm

Totem Bight State Park


Even the view from the stern was amazing.



My favorite part of the excursions we took was the one in Victoria, BC. Kind of ironic that it's not part of Alaska, huh? Well, I'm more of a spring and summer kind of girl.

Here is the most beautiful garden I have ever seen in my life.

The Sunken Garden at Butchart Gardens
The Lagoon at The Sunken Garden

If I had this garden near me, I would visit every day.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...