Thursday, January 19

Party: Choosing a Birthday Party Theme for Allie


Can you believe how time flies? One minute, your baby feels so fragile in your hands and the next moment she's already standing up and trying to walk by herself.



For me, the time has come to plan for my little baby Alyssa's first birthday party. I am super excited to DIY the loot bags and the decors. I couldn't see anything I like from event stylists, so I decided I'm just going to do them myself. Huge task, so little time.

At first I thought I have enough time; I have two months. Probably more than enough if we were still back in the US. But here in Manila, a child's first birthday party is like planning a wedding! OMG, almost all the suppliers I wanted (host, entertainer, venue and photographer) have commitments already -- meaning they are booked for the day I wanted. I got my first choice for the host and entertainer so yipee! More on that later. I am having trouble getting a photographer though.

Wait, I am not doing a grand party, just so you know -- only close family and friends. Fifteen kids probably and the rest are adults. I am so eager to do this, because I was not the one who planned for my wedding. I wanted to, but it was logistically impossible to do physically hands-on. So here I am.

It was hard to choose a color combination, let alone the party theme. Sure, she probably won't remember a thing. But she'll see pictures eventually. I want it to be girly and vibrant.

So, without further ado, Alyssa's first birthday party theme is going to be --

-- Lilly Pulitzer inspired!

Think pink and green and a bit of aqua --

Lilly Pulitzer prints (from L-R): Bellina, Desert Tort, Let's Go Bananas

Come to think of it, I should have hoarded Lilly stuff from the States if I had known this was going to be the party theme. Anyway, I digress.

Here's something funny. I found another Lilly Pulitzer print called Later Gator. Very cute. Perfect for Allie's (yes, that's Alyssa's nickname) birthday. So don't be surprised if this ends up as the final design. The invitation was designed by Designs by Three of a Kind.

Later Gator Lilly Pulitzer print

I searched high and low for inspiration.


Here's what Kori Clark of Paper & Pigtails did for her daughter's 3rd birthday party. Look at those pinwheels. Just adorable!

Image via Thoughtfully Simple

Here's what Melissa Caliguiri wrapped for Christmas 2009. It has a cute little pink giraffe. This would be perfect for the lootbags. Maybe something else for boys though.

Image via Melissa Caliguiri









Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...