Saturday, January 28

Food: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Sweet Potato Casserole


We were in Nashville, TN when I first had the sweet potato casserole from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

Image via Sugarbuzzed

Of course they had amazing steaks too! But their sweet potato casserole is to die for. It's a lovely way to end dinner.

I searched for the recipe so I can try it at home. I did, and I want to share it with you. I got the original recipe from food.com.



Ingredients:


Crust
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar (I find 1 cup too sweet.)
  • 1/3 cup flour 
  • 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred) 
  • 1/4 cup butter (melted)
Sweet Potato Mixture
  • 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (Sometimes, the sweet potatoes have tons of fibers. Pass through a strainer to get a smoother mash.)
  • 1 cup sugar 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 2 eggs (well beaten) 
  • 1/2 cup butter , melted 


Directions:
  1. Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside. 
  2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  3. Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly. 
  4. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish. 
  5. Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture. 
  6. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...